Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Waiting, in the Hope

I have been praying in THE hope, for the bible says, "Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." (Rom 8:24-25) And I am waiting patiently in THE hope :)

But the hope is not passive.

For the waiting is not moving from nothing to something, but from something to something more, as I learn in "Finding My Way Home" by Henri Nouwen.

"..there is none of that passivity in Scripture. Those who are waiting are waiting very actively. They know that what they are waiting for is growing from the ground on which they are standing. If we wait in the conviction that a seed has been planted and that something has already begun, it changes the way we wait. Active waiting implies being fully present to the moment with the conviction...

Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” (Luke 1:38)

A waiting person is a patient person. The word 'patience' implies the willingness to stay where we are and live the situation out to the full in the belief that something hidden will mainifest itself to us. Impatient people expect the real thing to happen somewhere else, and therefore they want to get away from the present situation and go elsewhere. But patient people dare to stay where they are. Waiting, then, is not passive. It involves nurturing the growth of something within.

Waiting is also open-ended. Zechariah, Elizabeth, Mary, Simeon and Anna were filled with hope. Their hope was trusting that fulfillment would come, not according to their wishes, but according to the promises of God. Their hope was open-ended.
"

I pray that even as I wait, I do not lose sight of the call of God and get too obsessed over what I am waiting for, but rather to remain open to the call of God; to be sensitive to His voice, that I may be so versatile to move in His ways, according to His will for me. Thank You Jesus for the hope that I have in You.

4 comments:

nick said...

:)

Benedict said...

hey lingual, jsut wanna let u know once again dat man.. your blog is great resource and insight :)

it's really been beneficial :D thanks~

havent seen you ard lately, hope everything is well with you yea? alrighty, take care and God bless :D

Eucharist said...

Hey Ben! thanks for your comments :D
I've been good I guess hehe J7 was recently busy with Punggol National Day event.. had intensive practices.. man... 4 times a week.. but all's good. God is good. By his grace, I would say it was a miracle show! Just 2 & 1/2 weeks to choose a song, learn the song, record the song, choreograph the dance, learn, practice, perform! Whew! What a great God we serve :D

Oh.. btw I'll be going for KL mission trip end of this mth. KL Emerge. My VERY FIRST mission trip :p

Hope all is well with you too! Take care too yea! Be mightily blessed in Jesus name! :D

Benedict said...

Wow :D ok great to hear dat! You guys must have worked ur guts out i believe hehe~

Stikeforce was busy with the National Day event too :D it was great! Really thank God for the awesome opportunity to shine in front of millions of viewers :D

You're going to KL too? Haha! Ok then, i'll be seeing you there :D

It's gonna be a great first time for u~ My first trip was to KL too~ I'll never forget it, and i think u won't either :D

Everything's well with me, i'm gonna be clearing annual leave soon and then it'll be ORD and a new beginning once again for me :D
Ok catch up real soon~ God bless u!