Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Ministry meeting

Ministry meeting last night was awesome, and Pastor Tan prayed for J7!
How it happened and what happened thrilled me greatly, and I’ve got several revelations.

1. Pastor asked J7 on stage to pray for us
2. He prayed that we would all treasure where we are, and what we have for the Lord
3. To use our talents for His glory
4. Not to be distracted by the things of the world
5. He prophesied that we will stay not only in Children Church but will also go out into the missionfields.

#1 The very act of going up on stage to be prayed upon meant something to me. We were VISIBLE. In a previous discipleship session with Pastor Eileen, she called us leaders, and mentioned that as leaders, as you go up, you become more visible, and you also have lesser options. As one become more visible, there is greater accountability and responsibilities.

#2 I thank God for where I am, I must say that my spiritual route has been amazing. Especially with J7 being my very first ministry, which is one of the most exciting place I can ever imagine myself to be; Being under Pastor Eileen’s discipleship; Sister Susan personally guiding me after my salvation; Everything so far has been such a blessing! I thank God for His grace and mercy.
*(For those who do not know about J7, it is like an equivalent of the Australian kid group Hi-5! Each member has had to go through 2 rigorous rounds of auditions and amongst many talented youths, specially handpicked by pastor and her team)

#4 It’s hard to make a stand, but God called us to be different and to be set apart for His glory. I must remember that.

#5 During church service last Sunday, we were shown a church video. In it, there were footages of our church members on mission trips. I dunno what happened to me then, but I was immensely touched, something in my heart said I must be there, and I will be there. I knew it was my spirit speaking so I immediately answered God and said, Yes Lord, I hear you. I will go where you want me to be. And I want to be on the missionfield. And Pastor Tan’s prophecy just confirmed what my spirit spoke to me in my heart.

I will always remember Pastor Eileen’s revelation in Acts 6: Seven Chosen To Serve “Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business”
She sent us (J7) this sms before,“We must watch our lives to ensure that we keep ourselves pure and spiritual. We need to set ourselves apart and sanctify ourselves.”

I must always remember to treasure where I am and what I have in the Lord. Thank you God for all Your blessings, and I pray that God You will help me keep my focus on You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

No comments: