Wednesday, August 17, 2005

God's word gives strength

We are on a 3-day beverage-only fast. Yesterday on her way to our J7 rehearsal, June (our songleader) asked God for a message to give us, and during prayer, June reminded us that we are spirit beings and that we should not look at the surface. On the surface, circumstances may be as such, situations may be as such.. Our body may be weak on the outside, but we should always look on the inside. Because externally, we have a body, but internally it is the spirit that lives inside of us. So we should never look at things on the surface, but to look inwards to the spirit and walk in the supernatural. How apt.
She also reminded us that all things sown in faith into the kingdom of God is never in vain. The Lord sees and will reward us accordingly.
She is right. No matter what happens on the outside, I must understand that I am a spirit being merely living in my own body. I should not be letting my body control me, nor look at things in the natural. No matter how tired I may be, I should press in, press on, for all things sown in faith into the Kingdom of God will never be in vain :)

This morning, I read 1 Peter 4:

Therefore since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin. As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God. For you have spent enouh time in the ast, doing what pagans chosse to do - living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation and they heap abuse on you. But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.

The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self controlled so that you can pray.

If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength that God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus CHrist. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.


Moments before this, I was feeling slightly weak from the fasting. Then I received an email from a friend. Feeling encouraged by the message, "It's faith that moves the hand of God" and we could "pray our VICTORY in!!!", I thought I'd blog about last night. As I was copying and typing from the bible, I felt God's presence come upon me as strength seeped into my body.. I feel very much rejuvenated and refreshed now. I no longer feel physically weak, completely unlike this morning! Indeed, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! God's word strength; gives life! I have victory in Christ Jesus. Amen and Hallelujah! :D

No comments: