Wednesday, August 03, 2005

God never fails to speak to me

I truly am very grateful to God for never failing to speak to me no matter what circumstances it may be..

Situation #1:
I had not gone home one night. Hence, failed to do my quiet time. In addition to that, the next night, as I was feeling very tired, I almost wanted to forego my quiet time again. However, I did it anyways in the end. And as I was reading my daily devotional for the night that I had missed, God said..

"Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says, "Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion..." Heb. 3:7-8

"(a) Warning against negligence Heb. 2:1-4

(b) Warning against sloth. (5:11-6:20) Sloth means laziness. You will find that the Bible warns more against laziness than drunkenness. When you become spiritually sluggish, you lose your ability to hear the voice of God so as to accurately discern spiritual matters.

If we keep rejecting the gentle prompting of the Lord to change, we can move into a place where there is no more room for repentance.
Let us walk in the fear of God, knowing that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."


As I read the above, I was both guilty and afraid, for indeed, God, was speaking to me about my problem. Then I proceeded to read the night's devotional and God said..

"Our inner soul yearns for communion with God. If that longing is not satisfied by communion with our heavenly Father, it will feast on any compelling counterfeit.

God is good. Jesus sympathizes with your many weaknesses and understands the pressures of life that you go through every single day. His throne is a throne of grace, not a throne of judgement."


He showed me that we can come to Him in all things, and I thank God for His grace. We should never forsake Him. He is faithful and His mercy endures forever.


Situation #2:
One of my friends' in dire financial straits so a group of us decided to fast for a breakthrough. Admittedly, I was feeling slightly lethargic. On the morning of my fasting, God encouraged me with Hebrews 10:24-25:
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching."

Indeed, we are a team and there should be greater unity in our spirit.
I thank God for His word, for out of His word flows rivers of living water. His word is treasure. His word brings life.

Pastor Eileen told us tonight, that in warfare (attack), everything has to be tripled; the soldiers, the ammunition..
I truly must be prepared. There is no time to lose and I must have greater urgency in my spirit. Holy Spirit, help me :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I was blessed by your website (blog). I am working on one for my daughter. Hopefully, it will be up soon. I think the address will be: GoldieProkop.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.
God Bless!

Eucharist said...

Thanks!! It is very encouraging to know God can bless me to bless others :D Look forward to reading your blog too!