Thursday, September 15, 2005

"Sacrifice your time"

Last night during my quiet time prayer, I asked God what He would like me to sacrifice to Him.

I then heard Him in an instant, "Sacrifice your time."

>>Yes God, I will bear that in mind too..

I really pray that I will not merely listen to His word, but that I will learn to apply His principles into my life too:

James 1:22-25
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.

2 comments:

D said...

Hi- I like your blog- Recently, my boyfriend and I have been trying to study the bible more, and I sometimes struggle to make sense of it all. It seems the more I read, the more questions I have... Anyway, stop by my blog sometime www.Mouthexplosion.com

1 more thing, unrelated- i noticed your blogger bar up at the top has the option to a. search this blog or b search all blogs- how do you get this bar to look like that? mine just says, Search and puts you to google. I'd like to be able to search just in blogger... thanks

Eucharist said...

Actually I'd never done anything to my toolbar or whatsoever. I guess it came the way it is.

As for reading the bible, only the Spirit of God can show His word to us, as Spirit speaks to Spirit.

So before you read the bible, pray to God that He will help you understand His word, that He will speak to you. And ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand God's word. What I learnt about fellowshipping with God is this; that first, we lay our requests to Him, and then, we incline our ear to hear what He has to say to us. Soon, you will be enjoying your 2-way conversations with God! All the best!

The Lord bless you! :)