Thursday, May 31, 2007

How to self-discipline aka crucify your flesh

First of all, I want to thank God for His presence.
If anything, what makes a Christian walk so special is the experiential knowledge of God. Walking with Him..Feeling Him close.. His presence so tangible, it brings you to tears..

One of the biggest obstacle I have in my spiritual walk is my distractive mind. I am generally very restless and I have a very short attention span, which disrupts my quiet time greatly. What is a Christian walk if I can't enjoy quality fellowship with God?

The Bible says, "Seek the LORD while He may be found.."(Isa 55) Quite obviously, it means we are to SEEK Him, and how can we find Him if we can't remain still to hear from Him? “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10) So last night, I tried again.. to hear God by 'turning down the volume of the world'. I tried to focus and here's what I learnt...

The first step to discipline is to become very aware of your thoughts and to capture every single disruptive thought, and to bring it into captive; subdue it with the authority of Christ; by bringing it into the 'court' of Christ.
Keep pressing on and focusing on God as you pray and you can enter into His presence when you persevere. Run, run,run with God and persevere.
As I do so, I feel as if I am running from the outer court, into the inner court, and moving into the Holy of Holies..

Tonight's one of the few times where I break down and experience Him in my quiet time. I can feel His embrace and His presence is so real. I actually feel relaxed as I remain still and flow in the spirit, slowly praying for things/ people that come into my mind.. And when I pray that way, there is greater faith and conviction than just 'having-to-pray'.


God hears and God feels.

We need to be serious with God.

No wonder the verse kept ringing in my head the whole night.. "Seek the LORD while He may be found".

It's all about seeking - Knock and doors shall be opened to you.
Amen!

2 comments:

Benedict said...

It's great to read ur new blog entries after a while :D

How've u been?

Well, hope to seeya round in church :)

Eucharist said...

me been coping well..
busy with work; balancing life :)

catcha around!
Thanks for dropping a note