Friday, May 08, 2009

Be content in any and every situation

Things hadn't been very rosy of late, and I've been feeling rather discouraged. At work and ministry.. especially at work - Things just didn't seem to go right. And with the little remuneration for the amount of work done, it certainly wasn't very encouraging.. But I decided to comfort myself by imagining that I am a villager.
I think about those poor but happy villagers who live in the mountains in China, and as I sit by my bed counting my blessings, things didn't feel as bad afterall.

Godliness with contentment is great gain
1 Timothy 6:6


In order to meet with the various challenges that faced me, I decided to keep confessing I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

That night when I was reading the word of God for encouragement, I turned to Phil 4:19
..my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

And that was when God spoke to me, He said..
Be content in any and every situation.. whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

..
you know how different people can comfort and dispense great advice and yet sometimes you may still find it hard to overcome your fears and worries? But when God speaks a rhema word to you, the peace of God comes upon you and you know that God has spoken and you fret no more.
And that's exactly how I feel right now..

I thank God for His rhema word, for His comfort.
Surely as I become content in any and every situation, as I seek first the kingdom of God and all His righteousness, all things shall be added to me.

Thank You God for Your peace in me..

No comments: