Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Encourage me

As I was walking to work yesterday, I asked God to come in and encourage me and comfort me..
I always ask God to encourage me whenever I feel a little low in my walk, cos I know when He encourages, He always does it in a big way :p

Last night during prayer meeting, Sy Rogers came!
and he preached in the 2nd session of our prayer meeting! (None of us were aware that he was coming.. cos it was meant to be a prayer meeting for our shift to Expo.. )

So, he preached about 4 criteria to living life.

1st criteria: Be and stay flexible
Because God doesn't work in your way and probably not in your convenience too.. He does it in His way and in His time. So don't hold onto your ideas too rigidly.
The supple reed will bend & sway with the wind and not break, but
a rigid reed will be broken. So, stay flexible and don't climb out of His hands.

2nd criteria: Learn to rebound from your mistakes because you will make them
-Keep trying till you find the door that opens to success
-Failure is a necessary component in the curve of success
-God takes manure and turns it into fertilizers
-A little mistake can help us stay vigilant and save us from bigger ones
but
"You play on the edge of sin
It won't be long before you fall in"


3rd criteria: Have a sense of humour (as an attitude towards life)
Psalm 68
"Make lemonade with lemons"
God gives, God takes away but I trust God for light in my plight.

4th criteria: Ability to persevere to see the bigger picture
Sy Rogers struggled for a decade with his iniquities before God came in to deal with them. He then asked God, "why now? You let me struggle for a decade before You decide to come in and poke at my tender spots??! and why now?? When I am in public ministry..?" and then God said 3 things to him:
a) 10 years isn't cosmic in the light of eternity
b) Who said big issues had to be resolved immediately?
c) Only when you are mature enough can I cut open your heart and do something about it

Ecclesiastes 8:6
There is a time and purpose for every procedure even tho' for now, your misery weighs heavily.

A 5-year old may want to drive a car badly but does he know any better?

"Don't give up on My character in the midst of your afflictions."
Exodus 23:29
for God will complete the great work He's begun in you.

So, cross the finish line and hear Him say "Well done!"

--
I thank You God for the encouragement. You are ever so faithful.. Keep me close to You Lord I pray, in the loving name of Jesus.
Amen.

No comments: