Friday, November 18, 2005

my role

God is so amazing.
In fact, I dunno how I should start.
Maybe I’ll just begin from where I last left off…

My role (in the Christmas drama).

Well, due to some changes, I’m no longer playing the main role. Concerned about me, sister Sandy and Pastor Eileen have been very supportive of me during this period.

So. Sister Sandy shared with me her testimonial as a late bloomer. She said that she’d always had a passion for acting, but because of her gifting in piano, she took up music instead of drama, in the Sch of Creative Arts. It was only a year later before she finally decided to pursue her dreams in acting. So, during her 2nd year, she switched from Music to Drama. Now, she continues to serve God in the music ministry as a keyboardist and at the same time, is fulfilling her dream in the drama ministry, getting involved in numerous church and community productions.

Pastor Eileen spoke to me too.

I’d left out a particular episode:
Before the decision to change the role, I was to have a final rehearsal with sister Sand’ and sister Jas’. And the night before the rehearsal, I sat by the pool and wrote to God. I thanked Him for the divine opportunity, for ‘rekindling’ my passion (or should I say reminded me of my dream I’d shelved for years). It was this time that I remembered how much I’ve always loved drama. I told Him I wanted to shine for Him.

So, back to pastor Eileen..
I then told pastor I would accept sister Sandy’s offer for a smaller role, and my decision to join the drama ministry. Like what sister Sandy said, acting is an art. And I too agree that acting is a craft that needs to be honed. So instead of sitting around and wait for another chance, I should use this time to work on my craft. I couldn’t deny what I told God. Even if I didn’t get the main role, I cannot pretend that I never had the talent to act anyway and chuck everything aside. If I had told Him I wanted to shine for Him, then all the more I should work on it. I need to show God I meant what I said and to use my talents for His glory.

And now, for the new story..
Less-than-one-week later, I got a call from my best friend.
Apparently she had bumped into Melody Chen who was urgently casting for a main role in her short film. So last night, I met up with Melody on the role.

I’m IN!!!

I will be playing Melody when she was in her 20s.

And know what’s the other amazing thing? The film depicts the stage in her life EXACTLY when I first knew her! Can you believe it?!

God never ceases to amaze..

“Sustain me according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed.” Psalm 119:116



Amen.




2 comments:

Jae said...

Guess who?
Hahaha
Your life amazes me! ;)
Rock on for Him.

Eucharist said...

Hey.. I'm surprised
how'd ya know? :p

but yea, we're gonna rock on for Christ! :D