Monday, April 10, 2006

jogging with God

I learnt this while jogging...that running on a flat (non-slope) track can actually be the most tedious. As we all know, jogging on a descending slope is the easiest as gravity naturally pulls us down. Going up slope on the other hand, tho' arduous, it gives one the satisfaction and thrill of ascent.
So, I see the entire journey very much like a believer's spiritual/ prayer life. When we are going downhill in our life, it is very easy to backslide and go with the tide, hence we must always be very careful, or at the very least be conscious whenever we are travelling downslope.
When we are going uphill, every step has to be taken with greater effort in order to keep us going forward and that surge of strength from within will propel us further, like how every trial only makes us stronger at the end of it. And we can always look to Him for strength.
When there is nothing going on in our life, when things appear to be smooth sailing, we must never grow restless or complacent. In fact, it is during this part of the journey that we must remember to continue to keep focused so we do not lose our momentum and sidetrack.

"Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go." Joshua 1:7

"Lord, keep my feet on the track, on the path You have designed for me and lead me and guide me that I may obedient at every juncture and be dilligent to seek You always. God is my pacer, and Holy Spirit, help me keep my focus always. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: