Tuesday, May 30, 2006

if you want Him, show Him you want Him

I pray often for God to change me.
I want to be more like Jesus.

..and then I realised: If I wanted to be more like Jesus, where is that 'wanted'?
I mean if I 'wanted' to be more like Jesus, surely there should be greater discipline in working at it. It definitely wouldn't be sincere if I just sat in front of my computer at work, wishing I could glorify Him, and then after that, doze back off to sleep. Where is the 'want' in this case? Where is the effort? It is ironical to say I love Him, and then expect Him to change my heart so I can love Him more.

I must demonstrate more of the 'want' in my day-to-day life.

I thank that God is full of grace and mercy, and He loves me nonetheless.
I thank that I can lean on Him for strength. God IS my strength.

I do my best, God will do the rest.

Thank You Jesus.

No comments: