Monday, June 13, 2005

Daily encounter

We must have a daily encounter with God.

“Life sometimes get pretty routine and you find yourself feeling stale and soggy on the inside. You find that you can’t spruce up your own heart… He promises to ‘quiet you with His love’. There is nothing that adds zest to life more than the breath wind of the spirit of God blowing thru your heart. It does more for you on the inside than a squirt from the garden hose on a steamy afternoon. It brings you back to life. It gives you passion again. It refuels your energy. And it stokes the fire of God that is inside of you. He does it all without thunder and lightning. He does it with such tenderness – just by His love, which touches all your deepest places. Zeph 3:17 (..He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing.) Never ever forget that you are the one who makes God sing and He is the one who ‘will quiet you with His love’.

I prayed to God to enrol me for bible school next year. As I prayed about it, I was touched by the presence of God. I told God I was hungry for greater understanding of His word and I have a deep desire to be discipled. Although I know there’ll be challenges but I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Towards the end of my prayer, I opened my eyes and looked up into the sky. Staring at me was a face of a goblin formed by the clouds! I was so frightened that my heart started beating very quickly. Staring at the clouds, I kept proclaiming, “There is no fear in Jesus” And I kept repeating that till the facial features of the goblin started blurring to reveal just a plain cloud.

This taught me something. Wherever you are, whatever you do, especially in the face of fear, keep proclaiming Jesus! “Greater is the Spirit of God that is in me than any obstacle that stands before me.” (1 John 4:4) You have all authority! There is no fear in His perfect love. “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.” (1 John 4:18)

Thank you God, I am just so glad to experience You in my midst.

Indeed we all need a daily encounter with God.

No comments: