Thursday, June 09, 2005

Spiritual hunger

Night service I @ Emerge conference:
I must admit I wasn't as fit as I was in the morning.. I hate it when tired-ness creeps in and I dozed off duing worship. Sheesh I felt so quilty. During the Word, pastor then spoke about spiritual hunger and elaborated on what it meant to lose the hunger and what happens.. (put almost in a rather biological/ medical way)

When you lose your hunger:

  1. Weight declines: you lose glory, lose substance
  2. Protein in your muscles break down: there is no more strength
  3. Lose the desire/ ability to repoduce. You become Impotent. Unfruitful.
  4. Temperature drops. You lose your senses
  5. Immunity system breaks down. Can no longer say no to temptations
  6. Lose your mind: Brain fails. You go towards carnal thinking
  7. Heart failure: heart stops beating for God, cannot pulsate. No longer look Vertically up to Him, you stop loving Horizontally across; There is no more cross in your life.
  8. Death: Spiritual death
  9. Dehydration: no more water. (Jesus says Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." John 7:38)
  10. Lose salt: No longer salt of the earth. (You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. Matthew.5:13)
  11. Fever, lose spiritual judgement, discernment. No tears when you come before God. You are hot for the wrong reason.
  12. Kidney failure: Can't cleanse yourself from impurities. you lose the sanctification.

Perhaps I had lost it a little somehow, but today God reminded me of how I used to come before Him. With hyms of love & intimate fellowship.

I need to renew my love for Him. We need to encounter God DAILY..
Thank you Lord for never giving up on me and I know You will never leave me.

" Draw me, O' draw me away
Messiah today
To Your presence I stay
O' Jesus
Change me
Mould me
That I can be
Evermore true to thee "

Amen.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This analogy by your pastor is rather interesting. Btw, are you really going to Bible school?

You posted this qn on my blog:"Hey you posted a comment on my blog, jus wonderin if you're from CHC?" No I'm not...what does CHC stand for? Am from Mass Comm...

Sorry for the delay in response. Have been very busy, and have not been on the net besides for work and school purposes.

Anonymous said...

Oh ok, I got it...read another entry of yours, and realise that CHC=City Harvest Church.